Friday, May 23, 2014

The Hit Man's First Shot

So here goes ... "It was a dark and stormy night, a shot rang out, a woman screamed" ... no that's not right. "He looked into her eyes and his heart raced."" He was sweating more than a beach full of albino's on the 4th of July" ... nah, I don't think so.

Look who am I kidding? The reason I decided to start my own blog is because I want to share my fundraising experiences with you. Whether you are a veteran fundraiser or just starting out, there are things that you may or may not have thought about. We'll touch on everything from grants to sponsorship asks, working with board members to forming a committee. So check back and maybe you'll have a topic that you'd like to discuss. I will try to get to them all. It's not like my musings, collective thoughts and ramblings are going to make War & Peace read like Horton Hears A Who! But maybe, just maybe you can learn from my mistakes and have a succesful event too.

I will promise to try and keep it light with no over the top political or religious commentary. I'll leave that to the Bill Maher's, Olbermann's and O'Reilly's of the world. They are much better at it than I ever could be.

But I will share with you some of my fundraising tips and secrets. Like how did I become a professional fundraiser and how did I come to name this blog the HITMAN, or how did I run myself down with my own car? Or maybe I'll just share my love of music with you.

Leave a comment if you like and we'll take it day by day

"JT says C'ya bye!"

1 comment:

  1. What the World Needs Now is... jtthehitman.blogspot.com!!!

    ReplyDelete